Please do not use binders to submit the math COE. We ask that the collections be submitted in large (9 X 12) envelopes with one collection per envelope. Each collection must contain the cover sheet that was printed out when the teacher submitted the collection to the principal for approval, along with all of the student work on the computer-generated, barcoded forms.
It may be helpful to know what happens to the collections once they are received at the ESD 113 scoring center.
1. We will open the envelope and scan the cover sheet so that we have a record of receiving the collection.
2. We will use a high-volume paper cutter to cut off the top 3/4" of the tasks. This will remove the staple and the student name, but the student barcode will remain. Please be sure that all staples are placed in the top 1/2" of the papers.
3. The tasks will be sent through a high-speed, high-volume scanner. The scanner will read the pre-printed barcodes to identify the student and the task so they can be scored and the scores can be attributed to the correct student.
4. The scans will be converted to pdf files and sent to the scorers electronically. Scorers will score work sample by work sample.
5. The Scoring Manager application will track all of the scores assigned to a student and will calculate the final score.
With that information in mind, we ask that you carefully assemble each collection according to the following guidelines:
1. Use only the computer-generated, individualized forms for each student.
2. Do not cross off a student name and put another student's name on the task. The scores will go to the student whose information is contained in the barcode. The handwritten name will be cut off and we will have no way of matching the scores to the correct student.
3. Each task should be stapled in the upper left-hand corner, within 1/2" of the top of the page.
4. The student must sign the cover sheet to attest that the work contained within the collection is his or hers. No other signatures are required.
5. Assemble the collection with the cover sheet on top, followed by the tasks in the order they are listed on the cover sheet.
6. Double-check that all tasks are completed, no pages are missing, and all tasks are included in the collection.
7. Place one student's collection per large (9X12) envelope.
8. Ship all envelopes from a single school in a box or larger envelope to the COE scoring center at:
6005 Tyee Drive SW
Tumwater, WA 98512
9. You may use the shipper of your choice, but it is highly recommended that you use a shipper that provides tracking information. If possible, keep a copy of the student work for your reference and in case of misdirected packages.