OSPI maintains a Moodle server where teachers can access information about the reading and writing COEs and participate in developing and reviewing reading passages and tasks and writing prompts. You will need to create an account in order to log in to the Moodle.
The Moodle serves five main functions:
• Save previously-viewed reading/writing COE webinars for review and support of COEs in the classroom
• Maintain a question and answer forum for teachers to communicate with one another and with OSPI COE staff
• Support a system for teacher/educator participation in developing reading COE passages and tasks, reviewing of submitted passages and tasks, and piloting new passages and tasks. Clock hours will be offered for teachers/educators who participate in all three steps of the process.
• Support a system for teacher/educator participation in developing writing COE prompts, reviewing submitted prompts, and piloting new prompts. Clock hours will be offered for teachers/educators who participate in all three steps of the process.
• Provide up to date information on policy changes on the reading COE and writing COE, announcements of training webinars, and resources from a variety of organizations.
The Moodle is an ever-expanding source of information and resources, so be sure to check it out often!